This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Execute documenter silently from command line

Aug 11, 2016 at 8:59 PM
I'm working to integrate the BizTalk Documenter into my automated build-deploy process, so I need to run the documenter from the command line and suppress the automatic display of the generated documentation. Everything is working except the /show flag on the command line doesn't appear to be having any impact on whether or not the generated documentation is automatically opened in a new window. Am I missing something?

Here is the line from my MSBuild which calls the documenter:
<Exec Command=""C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Services\BizTalk Documenter 2006 to 2010\Microsoft.Services.Tools.BiztalkDocumenter.exe" /o:"$(DefaultInstallDir)" /a:$(ProjectName) /def /t:$(ProjectName)_$([System.DateTime]::Now.ToString('yyyyMMdd'))_DOCUMENTATION /show:False" />

I've tried values of "False" and "false", as well as 0 and 1...I've moved the parameter to different positions in the command line execution...I've toggled the allow_cmdline_overrides property in the config file between true and false...nothing makes any difference.

I've run similar commands manually in a command window with the same results.

Thanks!
Coordinator
Sep 12, 2016 at 1:30 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Marked as answer by Dijkgraaf on 9/11/2016 at 6:44 PM
Coordinator
Sep 13, 2016 at 2:04 AM
Edited Sep 13, 2016 at 2:05 AM
What happens when you don't have the show parameter at all?
Dec 1, 2016 at 7:17 PM
It still shows the generated CHM after running.

Running the documenter manually and unchecking the "Show Output on Completion" checkbox has the expected behavior...create the documentation but don't open it up in a new window.